Codemass is an IT consulting firm founded by Aaron Bannert to focus on Open Source Software, Open Source Development Techniques and Internet-scale Architectures.
From our foundation in San Francisco, California, we have helped many local, national and international companies successfully use Open Source to achieve their business goals.
As members of organizations such as the Apache Software Foundation and as contributors to projects such as the Apache HTTPD, APR and PHP, we have gained a unique insight into the inner workings of a typical open source project. This allows us to rapidly solve problems and implement new solutions based on commodity Open Source tools and components. We also have experience coordinating and producing our own Open Source projects, such as those available on our projects page.
Here are some technical achievements we have provided for our clients:
- Full-Text Apache Lucene-based Search Engines
- Embedded ARM-Linux Kernel Drivers
- High-Performance Load Testing Tools
- Large-scale LAMP-based Architectures
- Large-scale Federated Database Designs
- Large-scale Data Warehousing Services
- Event-driven and Message-based Distributed Systems Designs
- Dramatic performance and reliability improvements for many of our customers
Technologies We Like To Work With
- FreeBSD / OpenBSD
- Open Solaris
- Mac OS X / Darwin
- Apache 1.3 / 2.x
- mod_perl 1.3 / 2.0
Databases & Search Tools
Internet Services & Tools
- CVS / SVN
- Ethereal (Wireshark)
- curl / libcurl